Founded in 1957, ESCOM dispenses scientific and technical training in chemistry and chemical engineering that is resolutely focused on innovation, green chemistry and sustainable development.
ESCOM at a glance
10 good reasons to study at ESCOM
- Obtain solid training in chemical engineering, covering all fields of chemistry and engineering techniques, and followed up with 9 months of hands-on work in a company.
- Acquire all the qualities that go into becoming a skilled and sought-after engineer: capabilities to analyze, take initiative, adapt to new settings, innovate, assume and exercise responsibility and promote values.
- Take advantage of continuous assistance throughout your studies, whether it be for acquiring new skills, defining and implementing a career project, or undergoing training to assume management responsibilities and excellent relational skills.
- Receive training based on hands-on educational tools: laboratory work, interdisciplinary and team-based projects, case study, follow-up by professionals from the chemistry industry coupled with a mentor from the school.
- Develop skills that are sought after by leading businesses, and take advantage of the dense network of relationships developed by the school with the professional world, both in France and abroad.
- Live and study at a school on a human scale. The school has only 500 students, which enables the teaching staff to get to know their classes in a friendly, familiar environment.
- Benefit from chemistry teaching that follows the 12 principles of green chemistry. In response to environmental issues, the school has decided to integrate sustainable development in its training programme.
- Benefit from a dynamic research environment. The School is part of a highly reputed French research campus. Its programme for the valorisation of agro-resources is one of the Programmes of Excellence selected as part of the ”Investments in the Future” initiative taken by the French Government.
- Study in a high-quality environment. The school campus has entirely new facilities with more than 1800 m² of laboratory space, designed based on the most recent standards to ensure a functional and safe work environment.
- Be part of a dynamic student life. The students organise a wide variety of events, such as sports, cultural, social and humanitarian activities to name but a few. Promoting student involvement in associations is an integral part of the values embodied by the school.
The Engineering Degree delivered by ESCOM is a five-year scientific and technical degree in chemistry and chemical engineering. The degree is certified by the Ministry of Higher Education, accredited by the French national engineering accreditation agency (Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur – CTI) and is recognised as a Master‘s level diploma within Europe’s Bologna Educational framework. The ESCOM Chemistry and Chemical Engineering degree has been awarded the EUR-ACE label.
International students can join ESCOM at different levels, and in particular at the 3rd-year graduate level. Each year includes classes, laboratory work and work placements in France or abroad. Work placement periods allow students to develop technical, managerial and general skills.
Student life in Campus
All types of accommodations are available: four student dormitories operated by the CROUS (student body responsible for accommodations and dining), private accommodations, and private lodgings. Student accommodations are normally just a short walk away
from the school. To provide a general idea of living costs at ESCOM, students should plan on a budget between 500 and 750 € per month, depending on the type of lodging. A meal at the University Restaurant costs 3€. Urban transportation is free. The currency in France is the Euro.
ESCOM is also part of the “Study in Picardy” network, which groups together all the schools in the region and organises events for foreign students (open houses, cultural day trips, etc.).